8th Seattle South Asian Film Festival
Tasveer invites submission of film and video works on subjects related to South Asia and its Diaspora. Short films, experimental films, documentaries, and narratives of any length will be accepted in any digital formats. The three-day film festival will foster an atmosphere of creative inquiry, filmmakers and audiences will engage in lively discussions, forums, and other collaborative interactive formats. South Asia includes: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tibet and its various Diasporas across the world.
- All works must be related to South Asia and/or its Diaspora. This includes films made by filmmakers of South Asian origin as well as those by non-South Asian filmmakers that focus on a South Asian theme.
- All works must be independently produced.
- All works must have been released in 2010 and after.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 2nd, 2013 (Not a Post-Mark Date)
- Entry fee: $30 USD (41min and above)/ $20 USD (40min and below)
- Shipping: Filmmakers are responsible to meet the cost of shipping their work to us. We will not assume responsibility for loss or damage of material during transit. The preview copies will not be returned.
- Selection Process: The festival director and our selection committee will make the programming decisions. If accepted, we will notify filmmakers via email. After acceptance the exhibition format should arrive in Tasveer office 3 weeks prior to the festival. We do not pay rental fee for the programmed work. Be sure to indicate any special aspect ratio your film may require.
Download the Form