Your support matters
“Arts and culture is not a nice-to-have — it’s a must-have.” – Michael Greer, ArtsFund President & CEO
Over 20 years Tasveer is proud to celebrate the nuances of under and misrepresented identities including immigrants, LGBTQIA+ communities, women, religious minorities, lower caste individuals, youth, and many more, through films, art and storytelling.
Your endorsement made a lot possible over our 21 years’ journey: With your constant support, Tasveer:
- Hosts the largest South Asian film festival in the US
- Awards $50,000 annually to independent filmmakers, and provide mentorship
- Organized 58 monthly events ranging from Open Mic nights, Book Reads, scriptwriting workshops, and masterclasses for budding storytellers
- Provided honorarium to more than 200 artists, filmmakers, and advocates through their events.
- Amplifies women’s and queer voices, with 43% of women directors in TSAFF.
- Encourages and inculcates political and social activism amongst South Asian youth through Tasveer Youth Collective
- Has broadcasted close to 700 hours (and counting) of independent films and content on TasveerTV
Your support means the world to us, let’s make it happen together.