All jobs are filled at the moment.
The Development Manager is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding via individual donations, sponsorships, online giving campaigns, and memberships. This position is responsible for coordinating development activities for our Annual Tasveer Gala, Capital Campaign and other fundraising campaigns throughout the year. This position reports to Tasveer’s Executive Director and works closely with the Grant Manager and Operations Manager.
Donor Acknowledgement and Administration Management (25%)
- Maintain, and steward existing and new donors
- Process donations and write thank you letters
- Maintain the CRM System with Donor information
- Host Donor Appreciation Events
Fundraiser Event Lead (25%)
- Organize and manage the Annual Tasveer Gala Event
- Organize Online giving Campaigns, GiveBig, GivingTuesday, and Year-End Appeal
- Write the Year-End Appeal letter and coordinate Emails
- Research and seek sponsorship for the event
Capital Campaign (25%)
- Research and conduct donor outreach, stewardship, and follow-up for Capital Campaign fundraising
- Oversee the creation and dissemination of campaign materials
- Organize individual donor meetings, coordinating with staff, Board, and campaign committee
- Organize donor cultivation and fundraising events
Membership Development (25%)
- Cultivate new membership Ideas
- Host a Membership Campaign once a year
- Host a Member event once a year during the Festival.
Date Posted: 12/15/2022
How to Apply:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Rita Meher at email@example.com
- In the subject line of your e-mail: “Your Name, Development Manager”
- In your cover letter, please reflect on your experience in fundraising, Donor cultivation experience any similar work you may have done.
Marketing Manager, Tasveer
The mission of Tasveer is to inspire social change through thought-provoking South Asian films, art, and storytelling. Tasveer was founded in 2002, in the aftermath of 9/11 to provide a platform for South Asians to undo stereotypes of South Asians in the mainstream media and to promote social change.
Tasveer is looking for a qualified Marketing Manager to build and create strategic and integrated marketing plans for all programs including but not limited to the Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (TSAFF), Tasveer Film Fund, Tasveer Youth Collective Series and more.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Executive Director.
- Develop a marketing strategy that targets the key audiences and strengthens our Tasveer brand;
- Develop and manage a content calendar;
- Develop social media marketing plans and write captions for social media posts
- Write and disseminate Tasveer newsletters
- Write strong and relatable content for
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are strategically aligned with fundraising and donor goals for the organization
- Make a marketing budget for paid media ads across Google Ads, Facebook & Instagram paid advertising
- Learn to track analytics and data to set marketing goals and benchmarks for events;
- Collaborate with Tasveer core team members, esp Event Managers and Development Manager, to ensure communications and messaging is consistent and achieving the organization goals;
- Work with the graphic designer and manage all key creative decision-making;
- Should be able to work with other vendors, including website developers, graphic designers, and print companies; provides support to Media Relations consultants contracted for special promotions.
- Promotes Tasveer events and initiatives through press releases and media alerts; maintains media lists.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in a marketing, communications, or a creative role
- Minimum educational qualification- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in paid media, and paid advertising strategy
- Learn how to parse data and analytics
- Should have a creative eye
- Knowledge of graphic design is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working in a small nonprofit org and with minimal direction, sometimes step in to help other team members
- Passion for film, entertainment, the arts and social justice
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Rita Meher: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of your e-mail: “Your Name, Marketing Manager”
In your cover letter, please reflect on your experience in Marketing, and some leading marketing initiatives you have worked on. Please provide a link to a writing sample and an example of a social media post.
Pay: $55,000 – $65,000
Benefits: PTO, Medical, Holidays, 401K, one week of Summer vacation, and one week of Winter vacation.
The Program Event Coordinator is responsible for project planning, developing, coordinating communicating, and executing all events for Tasveer which include monthly hybrid events as well as Festival events. Event coordination varies by event but may include:
- Securing panelists/speakers/keynote presentations,
- Ensuring strong communication and working with marketing team
- Setting up event on the online platform as needed
- Setting up ticketing for events
- Be in communication with the artists in taking care of their travel, honorarium, and accommodation
- Researching and securing event venues
- Setting up meetings for the event and taking thorough notes
- Using Project Management tool such as Asana
- Ensure events run smoothly and milestones are met and keeping its record
- Should be able to drive to venues to check out the locations and communicate thoroughly with the event managers.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Five years of event management/planning experience
- Passion for film, entertainment, the arts, and social justice
- Having a creative eye & graphic design skills are a plus
- A college degree is preferred
- Basic experience collecting and analyzing data
Expiration: Open until it is filled
Compensation $30/hr; 20 hrs/week. Possibility to become a full-time position.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to Rita Meher at email@example.com
- In the subject line of your e-mail: “Your Name, Position Name”
- In your cover letter, please reflect on your experience in similar work you may have done.